Friday, July 2, 2010

What does Love mean to Me?

A while ago, a friend named Alan asked the Junkies on Scott Sigler's site to write and essay of which we had to choose from three topics to write about;

What does LOVE mean to Me?
What does LIFE mean to me?
What does FRIENDSHIP mean to me?

The topic I chose was what Love means to me. I'm ashamed to say it came out rather short after I had such a long, hard time trying to figure out just what to write. My friend JP posted his in his blog Somebody's Dad, so that got me to decide to post mine here as well.

What does love mean to me?

Love means waking up in the morning knowing you’re not alone in this world.

Love means sitting together drinking coffee, happy and content with each other.

Love means having the best conversations without even saying a word.

Love means that out there, somewhere, some one cares about you.

Love means a lot of things to me, a secret smile, an inside joke between friends, giving or receiving a hug for no reason at all other than wanting to do it. What love means to me is having people who will always be there by your side, even if they can’t physically be there with you. Love means a lot of things, some of them are hard to put in to words. But I can say this; love means I’m alive.


Even though I disliked how short it was, I still sent it in. Because like the others who sent theirs in, so many that are longer than mine, I put my heart into what I was trying to say. I've always been told that as long as someone can see that you've put your heart into it, they'll know you've tried your best. I can only hope that people can see that I did indeed try.


No comments:

Post a Comment